Today’s advanced and unknown malware continues to evade even the best traditional security defenses, often using email as an effective method to deliver that malware. In spite of broad deployment of anti-spam/phishing solutions, thousands of new, successful malware samples are discovered within enterprise networks every day. In fact, “95% of all state-affiliated espionage attacks relied on phishing in some way—even the most targeted and malicious attacks often rely on relatively simple techniques,” according to the 2013 Verizon Data Breach Report.
As email is such a critical communications tool, how will you protect your organization and users from the wide range of email-based threats and vulnerabilities, without causing mutiny and bringing productivity to a halt? The Blue Coat MailThreat BLADE is your answer.
Deployed on the Security Analytics Platform by Solera, a Blue Coat Company, this blade provides you with real-time, comprehensive protection against email-based threats, so you can empower your workforce to access and use the resources they choose, whenever they like, with total confidence. The Blue Coat MailThreat BLADE delivers:
- Comprehensive scanning of email protocols including SMTP, POP3, IMAP, and Web mail
- Accurate malware analysis of unknown content and attached files delivered via email
- Optimized Attachment Analysis with known good and bad file hash look-ups before sandboxing
- Detection of malicious links* within email by leveraging the Blue Coat WebPulse Intelligence Network
- Unified management with other ThreatBLADES, delivered through a single pane of glass.
Leveraging the Blue Coat Intelligence Network
The Blue Coat MailThreat BLADE works exclusively with our Security Analytics Platform and is powered by the Blue Coat WebPulse Intelligence Network, which performs real-time ratings of embedded web URLs and content and provides background processes that hunt for evidence of malware, phishing sites, and malicious content—based on intelligence aggregated from 75 million endpoints. This “network effect” provides unmatched visibility and intelligence to the MailThreat BLADE in order to quickly protect against email-based threats.